Crypto.com offers all investors and merchants tools and features that help to heighten their crypto experience. With outstanding trading tools, a DeFi environment that is secure, easy links to other platforms, and one of the lowest transaction fees, there is nothing more every user could desire from a crypto exchange.
For merchants, Crypto.com allows integration with many platforms, such as PayPal, Time magazine, woocommerce, and Coinzilla to process and receive transactions using crypto. In a news release by Crypto.com, another major collaboration with Shopify has just been concluded. Merchants on Shopify can now integrate Crypto.com Pay as one of the payment methods.
What is Crypto.com Pay?
Crypto.com Pay is a payment initiative that allows merchants worldwide to receive cryptocurrency with ease and for zero transaction fees. With Crypto.com having a customer base of over 50 million, this initiative drives business for pay merchants and also encourages the adoption of cryptocurrency. Crypto.com allows merchants to save up to 80% on fees when settling in their preferred cryptocurrency.
Crypto.com Pay doesn’t only allow merchants to receive crypto payments but also rewards customers when they pay with CRO. Customers will find their rewards on their Crypto.com app. With Crypto.com Pay, merchants don’t have to worry about setup costs, and only it is very simple to integrate.
The most interesting attribute of the crypto.com pay service is the flexibility in choosing to pay with over 20 tokens. The allowed tokens include CRO, ETH, BTC, DOT, USDC, USDT, and DOGE. As a buyer, you never have to worry about changing your crypto portfolio from one token to another before making a payment.
How to register for Crypto.com Pay-Merchant?
Any merchant can register for Crypto.com Pay and receive payment in over 20 top cryptocurrencies. For merchants, there is a separate Crypto.com platform known as Crypto.com Pay-Merchant to receive crypto payments and track transactions. To register for a Crypto.com merchant account, click here.
- Fill in the required fields with your name and email.
- Confirm the action
- You will receive an activation mail in your registered email
- Click on the link to activate your Crypto.com Pay-Merchant account
- Fill in your business name to get started
- On the merchant page. Provide information about your business and verify your business by providing information on:
- business details,
- Business representatives
- Documents upload (identity document and address proof)
With these steps, you are ready-to-use Crypto.com Pay-Merchant to accept crypto payments.
How to pay with Crypto.com Pay?
For customers, paying with crypto.com is easy. You can choose to pay with your:
- Crypto.com app if there is a barcode or
- pay by integrating your Crypto.com app to the online store using Wallet Connect
If there is a barcode to scan, use your Crypto.com app;
- Click on the “Pay” button at the top right corner of the Crypto.com app.
- Click on “Scan.”
- Confirm the transaction.
Without a barcode, if Crypto.com Pay is available at the online store, you can use Crypto.com Pay by:
- Select “Crypto.com” as a payment option on the shop’s checkout page.
- Agree to the terms and conditions on the website and click on the “Crypto.com pay” button.
- In the pop-up, select “Wallectconnect” to link your crypto.com wallet to the online store.
- Enter your email address. Your registered crypto.com app email address will be used to credit your CRO rewards and also used in cases of refunds
- Open your Crypto.com app and choose a cryptocurrency to pay for. Pay with CRO to receive cash back rewards.
- Review and confirm the transaction
What do we know about the Shopify-Crypto.com deal?
The new collaboration between Crypto.com and Shopify further strengthens the claim that Crypto.com Pay is a preferred cryptocurrency payment app for online merchants. To welcome Shopify merchants to Crypto.com Pay, Crypto.com will waive the 0.5% settlement fee for one month. The offer is available until June 30, 2022.
Shopify merchants, both new and old, who meet the following criteria, are eligible for the promotion:
- New Crypto.com Successfully onboarded Pay merchants on the Crypto.com platform
- Existing Crypto.com Pay merchants that have not yet activated their Pay merchant accounts.
From 1 August 2022, all merchant settlements will be exempt from the 0.5% settlement charge.
This is a huge deal to the Crypto.com community and will certainly overhaul the shopping experience for customers. Also, Shopify merchants will enjoy great benefits with the Crypto.com Pay-Merchant through the exclusive tools to make processing and tracking of payments easier. We can look forward to more outstanding collaboration as the Crypto.com team continue to work hard.