Crypto.com has made linking your fiat currency to cryptocurrency simple through bank transfers and deposits from other platforms. While there are different ways to send money to your crypto.com account, many users prefer to use the fiat deposit via bank transfer. While this process is easy, you need to link your fiat wallet account to your bank before you can make quick deposits.
How to link your Crypto.com fiat wallet to your bank account
To link your Crypto.com fiat wallet to your bank account, you need to have a fiat wallet account. While some users can set up over one fiat currency, other users can only set up one currency depending on their location.
To set up a fiat currency account on Crypto.com:
- Click “Transfer” on your Crypto.com app
- Select the “Deposit” option
- Choose “Deposit fiat”
- You need to set up a new currency to have a fiat wallet account
- Click on “Set up new currency”
- Select the correct currency option
- Read and accept the terms and conditions
- Verify your identity by providing your “Residential address” and “Social Security Number.”
- Wait for verification of your details and your bank account details are ready to use.
Once you are done setting up your fiat currency account, you are one step to connecting your bank account to your fiat wallet.
To link your crypto.com fiat wallet to your bank account;
- Following the “first three steps” listed above, you should now have a fiat currency
- Click on the fiat currency
- Choose the “ACH PUSH” or “Wire Transfer” option
- For this guide, we will stick with the “ACH PUSH” option
- Copy the information you need to process a transfer from your bank to your fiat wallet or you can have them sent over to your registered email. To have your details sent to your email, just click the option at the bottom of the page
- Go to your bank account and select the “transfer” option
- Input the source (from) and destination (to) of the money
- In the destination section, select the option to “Link new account”
- You need to manually set up your Crypto.com account in your bank app
- Input the required fields with the correct account details you have copied from your Crypto.com app.
- Confirm the action by clicking the “Next” button
You will receive a message on your bank app showing that your account will be available for use in some days. Also, two small deposits will be made to your Crypto.com fiat wallet account from your bank. You will need to input the amounts deposited to link both accounts.
To check if the small transactions have been made to your Crypto.com account;
- Click “Account” on your Crypto.com app
- Click on “Fiat wallet”
- When the deposit is made, you will find the two transactions on this page.
Now, you can go back to your bank to complete the linking;
- Select “transfer”
- The bank you linked should be available now and with a notification for you to confirm the transactions
- Input the amount of the two small deposits made into your Crypto.com account
- Confirm the transaction
You have successfully connected your Crypto.com fiat wallet to your bank.
How to make your first deposit to your Crypto.com fiat wallet via bank deposit?
To make your first deposit from your bank to your fiat wallet;
- Click “transfer” on your bank home page
- Ensure that the source (from) and destination (to) are correct
- Input the amount you wish to deposit
- Confirm the transfer
You will receive a message that your transfer will reflect in your Crypto.com fiat wallet in 3-5 days but the transaction is normally completed in less than 12 hours.
Quick trick no one told you about
If your transfer gets delayed and you don’t receive it within 24 hours, you can check the status of your e-transfer. While this might be a way to track your transaction, it is also a trick no one told you about to get your deposit faster.
To check the status of your transfer;
- In your online banking, there should be information regarding the transfer
- In the information, there is a code that starts with letters of the local currency you made.
- Copy the code
- Open your Crypto.com app and select “Accounts”
- Select “Fiat wallet”
- Select “Transfer” and then “Deposit”
- Choose the fiat currency you deposited
- Input the code at the top of the page
You will see the status of your deposit and also receive your funds within 30 mins.
While most users will receive their bank deposits within hours of the transfer, some deposits might not reflect early. With this trick, you will receive your deposits faster. However, this method is limited to just bank transfers and might not work in other cases.